Life is good when there is sunshine, good food and a reason to celebrate! Andrew, my husband of just 18 months has just turned forty . . . Perfect conditions for a celebration
So, with our very modern blended family (that includes a pug called Watson & a western highland terrier called Winston), we held a long lunch on our deck one Sunday in May.
The menu ;
- Indonesian style BBQ pork spare ribs
- Vietnamese style BBQ chicken wings
- Deboned oven roasted chickens stuffed with rice, shallot, ginger,water chestnuts & black sesame
- Vietnamese noodle salad
- Fresh king prawns
- Steamed rice
- And for dessert – chocolate coffee mousse with ginger snaps, fresh fruit salad,
- And the cake – strawberry & rose shortcake with mascarpone icing
The pictures can tell the rest . . .