Life is good when there is sunshine, good food and a reason to celebrate! Andrew, my husband of just 18 months has just turned forty . . . Perfect conditions for a celebration
So, with our very modern blended family (that includes a pug called Watson & a western highland terrier called Winston), we held a long lunch on our deck one Sunday in May.
The menu ;
- Indonesian style BBQ pork spare ribs
- Vietnamese style BBQ chicken wings
- Deboned oven roasted chickens stuffed with rice, shallot, ginger,water chestnuts & black sesame
- Vietnamese noodle salad
- Fresh king prawns
- Steamed rice
- And for dessert – chocolate coffee mousse with ginger snaps, fresh fruit salad,
- And the cake – strawberry & rose shortcake with mascarpone icing
The pictures can tell the rest . . .
That looks amazing Donna. Happy birthday to your Andrew. What an impressive menu. I can’t believe you managed to make all those dishes! And the cake is very pretty. Did the flowers come from your garden? xx
Thanks Charlie. It was a lot of work – you know that feeling you get about 1 hour before everyone arrives ‘what was I thinking . . . never again . . . next time we’re doing a restaurant’ etc
But after everyone is there and things start to flow, you relax, enjoy & even start dreaming about your next event.
No, the roses for the cake did not come from the garden. We used the last of the garden roses for vases.
Lovely, lovely, lovely!